It’s fast, it’s free and it’s fair.
Collect My Clothes Wales was set up to help our partner charities in Wales raise additional funds through clothes recycling.
We have selected a range of partner charities, giving you the opportunity to support the cause which is most important to you.
Rather than using a clothes collection bin or issuing bags through letterboxes, we arrange collections only when there are goods to be recycled. This means that less plastic is used, collection routes are more efficient and there is less of an opportunity for fake charity collections and theft.
The wasteful nature of the fashion industry is well documented but with our help, our partner charities are now able to be part of the solution by encouraging people who wish to support them to recycle their clothes. With us they do not need to set up expensive high street shops or collection schemes to do this.
According to the Wrap website:
- The average UK household owns around £4,000 worth of clothes.
- Around 30% of clothing in wardrobes has not been worn for at least a year.
- The cost of this unused clothing in the wardrobe is estimated to be around £30 billion.
- An estimated £140 million worth (around 350,000 tonnes) of used clothing goes to landfill in the UK every year.
- Two-thirds of UK consumers buy or receive pre-owned (or second-hand) clothes, and there is a willingness to wear more, especially if a better range were available.
- At HWRCs nearly 30% of non-clothing textiles were estimated to be re-usable.
Collect My Clothes Wales is a trading name of Roberts Recycling Ltd, a family-run business of third generation recyclers who are registered with the Fundraising Regulator, members of the Charity Retail Association and the Textile Recyclers Association. So when using us, you can be sure of the highest ethical standards and industry practices.
After using our service, you can be proud that your goods avoided landfill, generated income for a good cause and provided affordable clothing to poorer parts of the world.
We love talking about what we do, so please feel free to fill out an enquiry in the ‘contact us‘ section of the website if you have any questions, or if you think we can help you in any way.